GINGER AND LEMON PUNCH




Ginger and lemon punch

My Dad has long been making his own ginger beer and, although I don't usually drink it, I recently enjoyed a ginger and lemon spritzer that has really stuck in my mind as a beauty. The flavour combination inspired me and I knew that it was something I needed to recreate using Dad's homemade stuff! So, with the summer heat set in and Dad's latest batch of ginger beer in the fridge, there was no better time to release the lemon, lime and ginger concoction from my brain and into the real world. You can effortlessly mix together this refreshingly scrumptious beverage for tonight's New Year celebrations and for the blurry summer afternoons ahead. This punch is zingy, cold, light and just sweet enough, plus, I like to think that the ginger element is doing something good for me! Happy New Year to you all!



What you'll need:
700ml ginger beer (or ginger ale for a non-alcoholic version)
300ml lemonade
1 tablespoon caster sugar
2 lemons, sliced with seeds removed
A handful of kaffir lime leaves, chopped randomly
2 trays of ice cubes

What to do:
Place ginger beer and lemonade into a large jug with the kaffir lime leaves. Give the lemon slices a slight squeeze as you throw them in next. Add the ice cubes and sugar, and give the punch a good stir. Serve cold and enjoy!